Sunday 21 September 2014

summer nights part 2

Golf. this summer we didn't golf all that much -- only 4 times to be exact -- but all of them were equally as fun ... except for the times that I really sucked... so only 1 time was fun .... I'm just kidding. I really did good only once out of the 4 times, but it was still super fun to be outdoors and watching Mark eating up every bit of that golf course. Laikyn loved it too, and of course she had to steal my ball off of the green every time. I didn't mind that though, because then I just put it closer to the pin afterwards baha. There is just something about being in nature with your family that makes you feel awesome, no matter how bad your golf game is.



Boating. oh, boating was so awesome this year! surfing was so fun to try (which I wrote a little bit about in part 1) I also did a wakeboard -- emphasis on the A wakeboard. I only went once and it reminded me why I never go. My family never grew up boating or going to the lake, so the only time I had ever really gone was when somebody invited my family to their cabin, which only happened twice in jr. high and then never again. (we were good company, I'd say. haha) But since Karli and Nolan bought the Garage Mahol, we've gone 3 more times. Basically, what I'm trying to say is that I'm not very good. So as I was wake boarding I'd thought I would be brave and try to get some air off the wake. So I'm cutting out hard and as I come back in to catch some air, I do, but then when I land I forget to straighten out (I was turned completely perpendicular to the back of the boat.) Since I don't straighten out, I go gunning out across the other side of the wake and keep going out really, really far and imma humming. All of the sudden the front edge of my board catches and the next thing I felt was cement smacking me right in the face. Holy crap, it hurt! So much so that I could've shed a few tears if I let myself, but I was determined to not cry so I held them back. Ya, I know, I sound like a wuss, but really, if you've ever been out wake boarding you'll know that crashing on it can seriously hurt. Good thing my brother made me wear the helmet before I went out, 'cause I really didn't want to. Anyways, after I get back onto the boat Mark was like, "There's something on your face." and pointed to the part right under my nose. I wipe there, and then he said it was still there. I wipe again, it was still there. Finally I look in the boat rear-view mirror and there is a purple line right under my nose that sort of looked like blood but when I tried to wash it off, it wouldn't go away. Then I figured it out, I had popped blood vessels under my nose from the fall. My lip must've smashed against my own face. Ya, I stuck to tubing and surfing after that.

My Best Friend's Wedding. Katy and Benny tied the knot, and I couldn't be happier for them! They both looked smashing on their wedding day and that's because they were glowing from the inside, out! It was also so fun for me to be a part of the bridal party, and throwing the bachelorette party with Kristin was one of my favourite parts of it all (plus I got help from kates and my mom, thankfully). Her wedding had a Great Gatsby theme, and so decorating and planning a party around that was extra fun. Although I forgot to snap some pictures of the decor, we definitely snapped a bunch of us in our photo shoot, equipped with old fashioned hats, feather boas, and of course some bright red lipstick! 


It was so fun to have all of these crazy girls here! I felt like I was in high school all over again. (and we definitely missed the girls who had to leave before the real craziness began.)

please don't judge us. :) girls really do just wanna have fun!



... and things get a little crazier... 



and then we added in the boas and the jones soda and things got down right weird




sorry about the picture overload -- they were just too good and i didn't want to leave any of them out. 

so with that being said, i'll end off with these:

(we were sad that katie had to leave, but glad Remi joined in for a pic!)






I love my bf. 


Summer of 2014, you've been good to me! 

2 comments:

  1. I am DYING! What is going on in half of them?! Baha I love these and I am so happy you posted them because I will be coming and looking at them all the time now. Sooo much fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I know! they turned out hilarious!! let me know if you want any specific ones and i'll send them to your email =)
      ps. you are one photogenic lady! you make us all look good

      Delete