Thursday 1 December 2016

• L I G H T the W O R L D •

The Church has launched their Christmas initiative for this year, called Light the World. It's where they challenge us to do a small thing each day that will either bring us or others closer to Christ and feel the love this holiday season. This is exactly what me and my inner Scrooge needed this year. It's going to be amazing!

I'll link the videos the Church put out right below this and I'll also link their advent calendar printable download. I took mine and cut out the days and popped them into my advent calendar at home so that every time we move our candy cane closer to Christmas Day, I'll pull out the piece of paper for that day and it'll remind me to participate!



If you want the printable advent calendar, click HERE

Now, even though I'm sure you have done so lots of service for people already over the 334 days before this (and I'm sure you were planning on still doing that for the remaining 31 of the year) I really hope you join in on this. There's just something about joining in with millions of other people around the world that makes you feel more alive and inspired, isn't there? And like Elder Bednar said, don't go over the top with it. Keep it simple. Don't make it an added stress for this time of year.

No matter where we are, no matter who we are, it's always a good thing to serve. Oh, and if you do decide to join in on the initiative, don't forget to use the hashtag #LIGHTtheWORLD so others can hopefully join in too!

No comments:

Post a Comment